The award winning Lava collection was launched in 2013 and is designed specifically with long distance athletes in mind. The top and shorts won the Triathlon 220 Magazine Editor’s choice award with a 92% rating and the range has been a massive success with Ironman athletes racing all over the world.
Thanks to the popularity of the range, new products have been added and even further research and development has been conducted to ensure maximum performance and comfort. The garment you wear in an Ironman event can significantly affect your performance and therefore this range is designed to be lightweight, super- comfortable, exceptionally breathable, supportive and functional. New fabrics and features make the latest Lava collection an absolute must-have for anybody racing in long distance events.
Following our experience with the Men's garments, we wanted to ensure that these shorts were as comfortable and as high performing as possible.
The key features include:
1. Super snug waistband - A 3.5cm elastic waistband has been added on to the shorts for an extremely comfortable and supportive fit. No drawstring cord to prevent chafing.
2. Balanced Compression is provided through the legs thanks to a carefully designed panel shape and the high denier rating of the Silk-X fabric. This improves muscle support and helps to increase the blood flow away from the legs, therefore reducing the amount of lactic acid build up and helping to improve endurance and stamina.
3. Women's Specific ‘Iron Performance’ pad designed by Cytech, one of the World’s leading pad manufacturers in Italy. Probably one of the most important aspects of racing this distance is being comfortable on the saddle. The innovative perforated pad lamination delivers supreme breathability and quick drying capabilities. The high density foam gives more padding and protection when cycling and the central channelling in the perinea area is designed to offset pressure points. The high level of elasticity in the pad also maximises freedom of movement when swimming and running.
4. Position: Designed to sit slightly higher on the waist then a normal Tri Short to ensure coverage on the back whilst in the Aero position.
5. Nutrition storage pockets on each side of the legs for easy access whilst on the bike or run
6. Rear pocket: Also, a new rear zipped pocket perfect for valuables or nutrition which need a more secure fit during the swim and can be eaten on the way to T1.
7. Premium Italian leg grippers – New, ultra soft wide grippers give even pressure distribution and added comfort over the silicone style grippers. These are stitched to the bottom of the leg material rather than inside to create a more comfortable fit and do a fantastic job of preventing any movement during the cycle and run.
8. Stylish Flat locked stitching: Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
Racing this distance is no easy task so we hope that these shorts will at least keep you in the best condition possible and will be the perfect combination with the Lava Tri top.